Microneedling is the puncturing of the skin using multiple, small, sterile needles to repeatedly puncture the skin with hyaluronic acid, which is already found in our skin or PRP.
SkinPen® by Crown Aesthetics
SkinPen® by Crown Aesthetics is the first FDA-cleared microneedling device in the world, clinically proven to safely and effectively fighting the appearance of neck wrinkles and facial acne scars for ages 22 and up. With as few as three non-invasive and affordable treatments spaced 30 days apart, you can improve your appearance for six months after your last treatment – and step out with confidence.
SkinPen creates hundreds to thousands of “micro” skin punctures per second to stimulate the skin’s natural wound healing process – inflammation, proliferation, and remodeling – to prompt tissue remodeling without causing scar tissue formation. Most patients can return to normal activities within 24 hours.
Benefits of Microneedling
Fine lines, wrinkles, Mild to moderate skin laxity, Texture, tone, color changes, Striae, Acne, traumatic, or surgical scars, Photoaging, Hyperpigmentation, melasma, dyschromia.
Microneedling Post Care Intructions
- Do not apply makeup to treated areas for 24-48 hours.
- Only use the cleanser and serum that have been provided for the first 24-48 hours.
- It is normal for your skin to take up to 7 days to look and feel normal.
- 24-48 hours after your procedure it is safe to use gentle skin cleansers (Dove, Cetaphil) and gentle facial moisturizers.
- Use physical (mineral i.e. zinc and titanium dioxide) sunscreen rather than chemical sunscreen while you are healing.
- Most people need a series of treatments (at least 3-4) spaced every 4-6 weeks to notice significant improvement. It takes 3-6 months to see full effects of treatment.
*DO NOT USE ANY GLYCOLIC ACIDS, RETINOIDS, OR ANTI-AGING/ ANTI-ACNE CARE PRODUCTS UNTIL AT LEAST 7 DAYS AFTER YOUR TREATMENT.
What is PRP? (Platelet Rich Plasma)
The idea is that injecting PRP into damaged tissues will stimulate your body to grow new, healthy cells and promote healing. Because the tissue growth factors are more concentrated in the prepared growth injections, researchers think the body’s tissues may heal faster.
Platelet Rich Plasma is produced when a small amount of blood is drawn and placed into a sterile, disposable container and then, spun to separate the platelets from your blood sample, resulting in a platelet-rich plasma.
Platelet Rich Plasma is safe because it comes from your own blood, therefore there is minimal risk for allergic or immune reaction. Platelet Rich Plasma preparation must be conducted by a trained medical professional.
- Please drink plenty of fluids and water the day before and the day of your procedure. If you are dehydrated, it is much harder to draw your blood and you will not have as much plasma.
- Avoid NSAIDs (ibuprofen, Aleve, naproxen, aspirin) for 7 days prior to your procedure. It is OK to take Tylenol (acetaminophen) prior to your procedure as this does not thin your blood and does not increase your risk of bruising.
- Please stop any herbal supplements 7 days prior (including St John’s Wort, Garlic, Vitamin E, Ginko, etc). Biotin based supplements DO NOT need to be discontinued.
- Do not dye your hair for the 24 hours leading up to your treatment.
Post Treatment Instructions
- Avoid NSAIDs (ibuprofen, Aleve, naproxen, aspirin) the day of your procedure.
- If you experience discomfort, you can use ice or take Tylenol.
- It is fine to shampoo the hair gently the same day as your procedure. Do not dye your hair for 24 hours after.
- The areas treated may be tender to touch for up to 72 hours.
- You may notice some bruising in the areas where there were injections, this is normal and will resolve in 1-2 weeks
Microneedling with PRP: $675.00
Request an Appointment
We also provide virtual consultation appointments for your skincare needs.